Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Picture Proof!

See? I told you she'd freak out. Image #3 is classic, I am so happy I captured this on 'film' (so to speak). It went from "Yes mom? Wait... what! OMG A LOLLIPOP?? REALLY? It won't make me sick? YAY!" Awesome progression, she was so thrilled.  Happy Valentines Day indeed! The candy is from Caring Candies and is made with an all natural beet sweetner - 7 carbs for the 'lollipop' but gluten and sugar (and preservative/artificial anything free). Stoked.


And in other news - I spoke too soon (was it just yesterday?!?!?) about being back to normal. We're pretty trapped once again in the low to mid 200's. Ugh. Honeymoon, I believe, is most certainly over. We'll be talking to the doctors again tonight to (likely) increase her Lantus dosage again and talk about her other meal ratios too. She definitely needs more.

We're going to pick up a new prescription of strips (literally in the nick of time) that will hopefully actually cover a full month this time. Wish me luck on this run, I need to throw in a last minute sharps container (yes we're FINALLY letting go of the thick tupperware and going legit) while I'm at the pharmacy with two kids in what is bound to be a 'valentine fairy threw up here' wonderland.  I'll need all of the luck I can get!

Happy Valentines Day, everyone, and heres to finding little ways to make our kids smile in the face of anything.

3 comments:

  1. That's an awesome series of pics, especially on the heels of the Valentine's day post below! :) Happy V Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentines Day! What a beautiful little girl! She looks so excited over the lollipops. I'm going to have to find those for Emerson. She came home from preschool today and handed me five lollipops and told me that she knows she can't have them. I really don't think she was interested in them, but it still broke my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pics are just priceless and precious...bless her little heart! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete